|Fog Point Light|
|Fog Point Lighthouse was constructed
in 1827 on the northern tip of Smith Island, Chesapeake Bay off of Crisfield
by John Donohoo. It was used to marked the narrow passage north of Smith
Island through Kedges Strait.
The lighthouse was a white screwpile with a lantern placed on the roof of the dwelling and used lamps and parabolic reflectors .
On August 18, 1855 the lighthouse received a fifth order Fresnel lens.
A Lighthouse Board report dated 1872 noted that “has served to mark the entrance to Kedges Strait for a long time, is of little value as compared with other positions that could have been selected for a screw-pile structure.”
The lighthouse was decommissioned on September 10, 1875 and replaced by Solomons Lump Lighthouse. Fog Point was abandoned and no trace of it survives today. No photo available.