Welcome to the Chesapeake Chapter of the US Lighthouse Society
CCUSLHS LogoChesapeake Lighthouse Heritage
Clay Island Lighthouse
Clay Island Lighthouse was built in 1832 and deactivated in 1892 and was located at the entrance to the Wicomico River on the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay at the confluence of Nanticoke River, Fishing Bay, and Tangier Sound. It was a small 1- story building with the tower on the roof. Sharkfin Shoal Light replaced this lighthouse in 1892 and the building later collapsed. No trace of the lighthouse remains. No photo is available.

Choose another destination....
CCUSLHS Home Page Trips & Meetings
About The Chapter Keeper's Loft - Our Merchandise
Membership Information Photo Contest
Lighthouse Heritage - Maps, Photos & More Lighthouse Links
Our Newsletter - Chesapeake Lights MD Challenge
Volunteer Preservation Program Cheslights Kids
Speakers Program Site Map
2001(c) Chesapeake Chapter, USLHS. All rights reserved.